I recently took a trip to IKEA (we are lucky to have two within a 45-minute drive!) to look at sofas and pick up a few decor items for the basement. Despite what you may think about the quality of their products, IKEA has unbeatable prices on home decor and organizing supplies. They also have awesome products perfect for hacking and updating to create custom and personalized home decor. I’m always drawn to the same items when I visit and thought it might be helpful to share a few of my favorite and best IKEA items to buy.
You can find even more must buy IKEA decor items HERE!
THE BEST IKEA PRODUCTS TO BUY FOR A STYLISH HOME ON A BUDGET
1. FAUX PLANTS & FLORALSIKEA is hands down my go-to store for artificial plants. Not only are they super affordable, but they are well made and the most lifelike I’ve seen.
Their faux potted plants, eucalyptus and fiddle leaf trees are my top favorites.
How to Age Galvanized Planters
2. RIBBA FRAMESIKEA has an incredible selection of frames, perfect for creating inexpensive gallery walls. I’ve used both the RIBBA and VIRSERUM frames in gallery walls around my home. I love that most of IKEA’s frames come matted making them look high end for a super affordable price.
Updated Hall Gallery Wall
3. FJADRAR FEATHER PILLOW INSERTSIn my opinion, feather pillows are a must! There’s just no comparison between a feather pillow insert and poly-filled insert. Trust me, it’s worth the extra couple dollars to have the right pillows on your couch. On my latest IKEA shopping trip, I was shocked to see that they had 20×20 down inserts for $5.99!!! Can you believe that?
4. PILLOW COVERSAlong with inserts, IKEA also has a large variety of affordable pillow covers, most costing less than $10.00 My favorite is the LAPPLJJUNG RUTA that I’ve used in both our living room and mudroom.
IKEA also has a nice selection of neutral pillows that are perfect for adding texture to just about any space.
5. MERETE CURTAIN PANELSIKEA is hands down the best place to go for affordable curtains! Most home decor stores only carry curtains up to 84″ in length, which is too short for the beautiful floor to ceiling look. IKEA curtains tend to be 96″ or longer making them the perfect affordable option. My favorite is the Merete bleached white grommet curtains, which are super reasonable at $29.99 a pair.
6. RASKOG STORAGE CARTDoes the RASKOG CART even need an introduction? The organizing and storage possibilities are endless when it comes to this little versatile cart. I’ve been using mine for craft storage and it’s been a dream having everything mobile and in one spot.
Organizing Craft Supplies with IKEAS RASKOG Cart
The Helmer stacked drawers is another great option for craft storage and almost came home with me on my last trip.
7. EKTORP SOFAThe IKEA Ektorp sofa is the perfect affordable sofa without comprising style or comfort. We bought the chaise version with a dark gray slipcover and it’s been great for our family. I just throw the slipcover in the wash whenever it gets dirty and it looks like new again.
8. THROW BLANKETSAlong with a pillow addiction, I also have a thing for throw blankets. Not only are they useful on chilly nights, but they are perfect for adding warmth, color, and texture to a space.
Almalie Throw / Striped Throw / Johanne Throw
IKEA has a large variety of affordable throw blankets, making them one of the best IKEA buys. I have a few IKEA blankets in my own home, but my favorite is the black and white striped throw.
DIY Plank Wall
9. MUSKOT WHITE POTSI love the classic white flower pots that IKEA carries. They fit with any style decor and are perfect for displaying IKEA’s faux greenery and florals. I use them throughout my home and love giving them as gifts paired with pretty flowers. (Think teachers, neighbors, friends, etc.)
***TIP*** There is no hole in the bottom of the pot. If you use them for real plants make sure to line the bottom with rocks for proper drainage.
10. STORAGE BOXESStorage boxes can be expensive and add up quickly, especially if you need more than a few. Thank goodness IKEA has the best storage boxes, baskets, and bins at super reasonable prices.
You can’t get any cheaper than the five pack of IKEA’s FLYT magazine file boxes. I updated mine with simple metal label holders and added them to the top of my office lockers.
11. RUGSIKEA rugs are some of the best and most affordable I’ve found. My favorite is the Stockholm, which is very similar to the rug I have in our laundry room. The Torslev is also a great affordable option.
12. HENRIKSDAL DINING CHAIR
The Henricksdal dining chairs are not only great for around a dining table, but I like to use them as accent chairs. I have one IKEA dining chair in our dining room and another in our bedroom. The Henriksdal dining chair comes in a variety of colors and the removable slipover makes them super easy to keep clean.
Whether your opinion of IKEA is favorable or not, I’m sure you’ll agree that any of these IKEA items would make a great addition to your home. I always look forward to my IKEA shopping trips and already have a list of more items to buy. What are your favorite IKEA products?